Alvarez Porter Group
Our mission is to help leaders and organizations succeed in creating a just, equitable and sustainable world. We do this by consulting, coaching and facilitating transformational change and by growing a community of practice that deepens our learning and increases our impact.
When working with colleagues, clients and with each other, our choices are guided by the following shared values:
- Equity – our commitment to gender justice, economic justice and racial justice is rooted in a core value of equity. To act from this value challenges us to be self-aware and willing to take risks.
- Results – because we value results we are willing to take risks, raise tough questions, use innovative tools and frameworks and judge ourselves by our outcomes.
- Integrity – acting with integrity is how we live a congruent life as social change activists. AND we recognize that we are in a trust relationship and that our integrity is our greatest asset.
- Transformation – we value transformation as a means of fulfilling our own potential and the potential of our clients. Only through new lenses and new behaviors will we see and understand what is needed for long term change.
We believe that transformational change starts with an authentic and intentional relationship between us and our clients, which is enhanced by our commitment to the following principles:
- Taking responsibility for results
- Showing appreciation and support
- Investing in learning and developing our practice
- Being trustworthy and transparent
- Demonstrating the highest ethical standards
Allison and Joe first met on an organizing campaign in North Carolina in the 90’s. Little did they know that twenty years later they would reconnect to form the Alvarez Porter Group. Their interconnected lives – which included training union leaders in Puerto Rico and going to grad school together in D.C. – brought them together to launch APG in 2009. Michele Berry joined the group in 2014 and became a partner in 2017. Today we are expanding our group and reimagining our mission to become an even more wide-reaching and impactful consulting collective. Stay tuned!
Learn more 
|Joe Alvarez Learn more |